Tuesday, July 14, 2015

BOOKCLUB REVIEWS

It's always nice to learn that someone has read your book and has really enjoyed it. The book club that I go to read my second book, Life and Debt, and the discussion that followed was so helpful to me. As a writer, it is always gratifying when you hear that someone who has read the book, gets what you were trying to say. It is also a huge ego boost when your readers ask when will the next one be ready, or is there a sequel going to happen for this one. Makes all those long hard hours feel like they were worth it.

When you're writing the story, you put it on paper in hopes  that maybe somebody will read it and find it entertaining. And, as you go, you put things into that story, pieces of yourself, that you don't even realize you're putting in there. As I sat there listening to the ladies discuss the book, it was touching to realize that I had managed to evoke the feelings in them that I had for my characters as I wrote them down. That was one of the things that concerned me when I decided to start getting my books ready to publish. I hoped that I had got my point across, but I wasn't sure. After hearing these dear ladies talk about my book, I know that I did something right. If you have not read my books, I hope you will, and I hope that you will so enjoy them  and get my point.


That being said, I've been working hard on the next book, entitled The Medallion. I am to the point now, where I am trying to find satisfactory cover art for the book. It is proving harder than I thought it would to find the appropriate artwork for this book. I have many talented nieces and nephews who do sketching, and I am hoping that one of them will come up with something that works. When I have found it, you will be the first to know. Well, maybe not first, but certainly one of the first. Keep watching, it won't be long. 


No comments:

Post a Comment