Friday, May 22, 2015

SECOND BOOK NOW AVAILABLE

My second novel was published in April, 2015 and is available at most on-line book retailers now. It is an adventure/romance set in 1700s England and Scotland, about a young man who learns some hard life lessons on his way to adulthood.


A synopsis of the book is:

It is in late eighteenth-century Cambridge, England where young Mike Harrington discovers Jacob Tolabert, is stealing from the family company. Mike’s parents are killed in an apparent robbery, and Jacob Tolabert forces Mike to sell out to him at a severe loss. Beaten and robbed Mike flees the city in fear of his life. 

He meets three men who teach him how to survive. Together, they work their way around England. When Mike decides it is time to collect the debt he feels Tolabert owes him, things go horribly wrong. While in hiding in Edinburgh, Mike meets and falls in love with the daughter of a wealthy Englishman, and discovers her father has the influence that could keep him safe. 

Father John Osborn has been the one constant throughout his life. Mike discovers the secret that has kept the minister so close to him, and this secret will bring Mike to the ultimate showdown with Jacob Tolabert.

It is available at Amazon and Barnes and Noble


Writing this book took a bit longer than most books take.  I began writing it when I was in high school.  Over the years, it has seen many incarnations and re-writes, but until last year I had not gotten it to the point where it was finally ready for publication.  Though I have other projects in the works, this one was near and dear to my heart, and I was determined to get it to the point where I thought it was ready.  I hope you enjoy it.

My sister read it, and is already demanding a sequel ... I had left it where I could do that, but so far, that is not yet in the works.  I have a couple others I need to get finished before I get to that. 

Also, the art work on the cover is a portion of a painting I did in high school, when I was thinking about this book.  There is a copy of the entire painting on the back cover of the paperback.

No comments:

Post a Comment